Monday, January 28, 2008

Silvery Sparklers


Hurrah for Silvery. I first picked up on them over at Pileys place (he's got a tip top Pickwick/Top of the Pops records feature running at the moment too).

Silvery are everything you hope for in a new band. They're young. They like people I like - Bowie, Sparks, XTC. They've got smart jackets and even smarter tunes with all the clang and spangle you could want and they're playing this Saturday at Blow Up Metro on a double bill with The Bongolian (one of my fave albums of last year). I'll certainly be there raising a glass and shaking a leg. But until then have a peep at their new single 'Horrors', released as a double A side with 'Orders' - it's my single of the year already, and we're not even out of January yet.

Silvery - Horrors



Silvery - Orders(Demo)


PS - If you're at the Silvery/Bongolian gig and see a chap in polka dot cravat - do come and say hello. It'll be me.

5 comments:

said...

Most groovin' number.

Piley said...

I think Silvery can do great things in 2008 - it's a fresh exciting sound they have.

I was lucky enough to interview James from Silvery late last year, a great talker who really knows his music history. Check it out here if you fancy a look:

http://piley.blogspot.com/2007/11/silvery-exclusive-interview.html

Mondo said...

They're meant to be tip top live act too. So should be a good show.

Cocktails said...

Bloody hell, that's good!

Anonymous said...

Fuck, I really WANT to like this band. They look cool the video is amazing. But there's something missing. I loved The Futureheads that was kind of a great mix between early Adam & The Antz and XTC BUT with a great knack for not falling into the trap of just rehashing the past. Silvery are talented. I hear that but their music just passes me by. Even now just a minute later I can't remember their songs. With that said I will keep an eye out for them.