Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rocket Fuel


Amazing what a bit tweaking and retuning can do.

With a just bit of jiggery-poppery the funky Buzzcocks bounce and shoegazer a go-go shuffle of the regular version....

Hey Venus




Becomes a white trainers with outsized tounges and long sleeved T-shirt 'lectro pop nugget (which kind of reminds of this a bit)

Hey Venus - Mad Thatcher Disease Mix



PS - my ol' mate Marmite has just started a new music based blog Floating In Space - so why not pop on over and have a peep.

9 comments:

Simon said...

Oh my. I love this track. So much so that after talking about them in your Undertones comments the other day I uploaded this for posting this week... Such a good track, that album's not their best but there are a handful of absolute gold tracks on there. I love the vocal line on the chorus.

Mondo said...

Simon where's the link - I'm dead keen to hear some more TPE?

Simon said...

I only uploaded Hey Venus, but I'll see what I can do for some other stuff...

Keith said...

That sounds really cool. I liked it. I'll be sure to check out that other blog.

Mondo said...

Simon - any hints and tips would be appreciated I'm defo on the buzz for a bit more.

Keith It's a top tune isn't and the Mad Thatcher mix has plenty of bounce about it - I may post another piece of 90's pop later in the week.

marmiteboy said...

Thanks for the shout out Mondo.

Appreciate it.

Simon said...

Fill Your Boots...

Mondo said...

Simon - you're a star - I'll be loading up from work and busting their bandwidth instead of me own.

Kolley Kibber said...

Oh, TPE were grand. Steve Mack was a Lycra God. I once saw them play to an audience of 75 ingrates in Worthing, and they still pulled out all the stops and were fantastic.

Very good to hear that again, Mondo.